Reviews of the album “DIECI” (GDN Records 2013)
XL REPUBBLICA – 7.5/10 – “Colpisce al cuore con dieci cover illuminanti”
ROCKOL – 4/5 “..non ci sono momenti deboli nelle dieci canzoni del disco.”
IMPATTO SONORO – “Dieci stupisce per varietà, validità e soprattutto disarmante sincerità.”
SHIVER – “..riescono nel difficile compito di reggere il confronto con l’originale e, anzi, spesso di risultare ancora più belle.”
LOST HIGHWAYS – “Dieci si è rivelato un lavoro davvero interessante.”
SENTIRE ASCOLTARE – 7.1/8 – “Il risultato è un bel salto nel vuoto, con l’adrenalina della “scoperta” a suggellare un disco comunque riuscito”
ROCKAMBULA – 7.5/8 – “Dieci rimane un disco assai godibile.”
Reviews of the album “YOU GOTTA GET READY” (GDN Records 2012)
JAZZTHETIK – “Deservedly the comparison with artists like Bruce Springsteen, Rufus Wainwright and Ryan Adams become more frequent and louder.”
ECLIPSED – “He confirms again that the best American music comes from Scandinavia. Also on this work he celebrates minimal songs with biggest possible finesse.“
AMM MUSIK MAGAZIN – “Keep It Shining On The Inside” or” Some Work On You” are breezy and catchy and are on a par with songs from Rufus Wainwright or Jeff Buckley.”
SOUND & IMAGE – “You gotta get ready is an all around pleasant and discreet album that tells lots of stories you enjoy listening to.”
OHRENSCHMAUS – “Discreet but enduring. Compliment!”
* AFTENPOSTEN: 5/6 – Convincing, effortless and steady – a singer songwriter of international standards.
* TELEMARKS AVISA: 5/6 – This album is a treasure!
* STAVANGER AFTENBLAD: 5/6 – Songs with a silent power.
* FÆDRELANDSVENNEN: 5/6 – The upturn! With his exceptional skills as a songwriter, he manages to stick out from the rest.
* HAMAR ARBEIDERBLAD: 5/6 – Full control – never has his musical style and his self confidence as an artist come through as clear and convincing as on this album.
RUMORE: The fourth album of the Norwegian has hit spot on!
ROCKERILLA: Ballads of contaminating musicality.
BLOW UP: When the sound and the production is as sparse as on YGGR, the songwriting must be of such standards and quality that it sustains the entire album – in front of this immensely difficult task Nordgarden stands the test.
JAM: Not singing along to the choruses on “Keep It Shining on the Inside” or “These Lovesick Blues” is almost impossible, and without noticing it you are conquered.